Sunday, June 7, 2009

Will bike for wine

We biked for wine. Yup, we did. Our vacation took us to New York wine country for a few days. Before I mention wine, I will say that countryside was the lake and grape vines. That's pretty much it. We were a little early for the smell of grapes, but biking on roads that took us down through vineyard after vineyard was pretty incredible.

As for the wines, well, pretty darn tasty. This is problem when you are one a bike - limited capacity. Somehow we managed to bike all day and still come home with a good supply of wine. We've done quite a bit of wine tasting, and have come to expect certain things from these experiences. New York did not disapoint. Great conversations were had while tasting - in several cases, with the winemaker. Did I mention that we came home with some great wines? Several suprises - I actually found a concord wine that I like (they can be dry) and a sweet catawba that was refreshing. I love surprises.

We also discovered that this region of New York is concord grape capitol of the world. Found some concord grape pie filling from the grape co-op at the farmers market. This will be fun to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment