Thursday, June 4, 2009

catching up

Ok - so the blog hasn't been the first thing I think about when I hop on the computer. Stupid facebook and webmail. Time to catch up.

We've been eating lettuce from the garden. I made a realization the other day about garden lettuce. It's really green. Yes, I know, all lettuce is green but when the stuff goes from dirt to salad spinner to my plate in under 5 minutes, it's this vibrant pile of green on my plate. Definitely more appetizing. Understand this is coming from the girl who 5 years ago wouldn't touch a salad that wasn't equal parts iceburg lettuce, ranch dressing and croutons. A carrot could look at the salad if it wanted to.

And speaking of salad, a friend of mine has me hooked on yogurt dressing. Finally, ranch dressing that I can feel good about eating. I do love David's vinegrettes, but deep down, I'm a creamy, garlicky ranch kinda girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment