Saturday, April 25, 2009

Edelweiss Restaurant

It was a long day for both David and I, so we decided to find a place to dine. After a few minutes searching the WYFI member card book, we decided on Edelweiss Restaurant. German food is usually tasty.  Loved the location - table outside on the patio, surrounded by trees. We really wanted to be happy with this place as we loved the table.  Well...umm...yea...we didn't.  Pretzel was good, wine selection was ok and actually liked the pork. But the spaetzle, it's such a german thing and one of my favorite foods on this planet.  I don't like mushy spaetzle...it's not tasty.  Maybe I wouldn't be so disappointed if i didn't know how to make spaetzle.  

We had to remind ourselves that Edelweiss is in the German American Klub, so it's kind of like eating at the VFW hall or a supper club. It's not on the list of place we will be frequenting, which is sad because it has one of the best patios for a restaurant I've seen. At least I had a coupon...

No comments:

Post a Comment